回覆文章
bobpinpin
超新星
文章: 6
註冊時間: 週六 19 7月, 2008 02:05

Need help for buying a mutli-purpose telescope for gf

文章 bobpinpin » 週六 19 7月, 2008 02:19

Dear all brothers

I am a DSLR user and got Canon 400D , I am planning to engage with my gf in the coming Oct. To her, she told me that she has been waiting for a moment to put a telescope at home for decoration and Astro Obseravtation. I brought a home star system for her as a birthday gift last year, but she still told me she wanted a telescope.

Therefore, I would like to ask if any of you could recommend a model for me to send as a gift + ring(I will handle this) on her birthday. Here are my preferences and questions:

1) I dont have a car, so I must hand carry it. Light weighted
lens is more preferable.
2) we dont have too much room now so smaller and hand
carry telescope is definitely better.
3) I consider if we could use that telescope for bird watching
and animals watching if we go travelling.
4) Can I use it back on my DSLR ?
5) As far as I know, she likes watching Moon and other
planets..but I am not sure how much focal lenght is needed
for such observation.
6) My budget is around 3k or bit more.
7) Does the telescope bundled with tripod and other
asscessories?

Awaiting for your answers
Bob

Chanlunlun
夸克星
文章: 3847
註冊時間: 週四 09 10月, 2003 21:06

文章 Chanlunlun » 週六 19 7月, 2008 06:39

Dear Bob,

Maxivision ED 80 + Vixen Porta mount is your cup of tea.

Prepare to pay for 4K instead of 3K, however. Your budget has been to low to please your fiancee.

By the way, congratulation for your coming engagement.

Best regards
Chan Yuk Lun

bobpinpin
超新星

文章 bobpinpin » 週六 19 7月, 2008 11:44

Thanks Lun

Maxivision ED 80 + Vixen Porta mount is enough for my use?
I have checked and see the focal length of it is merely around
焦距:480mm , is that enough? I have checked another product (I surfed the website last night) and see tat there is a C6 product which has 1xxxmm focal lenght.

How is that different from Maxivision in terms of uses?
Btw, what else do I need besides Maxivision ED 80 + Vixen Porta mount , i see some stuff called 赤道儀, do I need it as well?

Bob

bobpinpin
超新星

文章 bobpinpin » 週一 21 7月, 2008 21:34

Could someone help?

sbod

文章 sbod » 週一 21 7月, 2008 22:22

bobpinpin 寫:Thanks Lun

Maxivision ED 80 + Vixen Porta mount is enough for my use?
I have checked and see the focal length of it is merely around
焦距:480mm , is that enough? I have checked another product (I surfed the website last night) and see tat there is a C6 product which has 1xxxmm focal lenght.

How is that different from Maxivision in terms of uses?
Btw, what else do I need besides Maxivision ED 80 + Vixen Porta mount , i see some stuff called 赤道儀, do I need it as well?

Bob
1. Enough for the use.
2. 焦距 is not a matter. 要得到一個高的倍率, 換一個焦距短的目鏡就是了.
3. In terms of use? As you don't have a car, nor a big apartment, there is no way to get a big telescope for your girlfriend. 呢類鏡仔都望到唔少o野. 望月光已經係好好的experience.
4. 如果唔係影相, 赤道儀唔一定要買.

Off-topic:

你真好彩, 識到一個鍾意天文的女友. 相信呢度好多人恨都恨唔到. :lol: Good luck!

bobpinpin
超新星

文章 bobpinpin » 週一 21 7月, 2008 22:44

Brother sbod

Thanks for your advice. It is really good news that she likes Astro and observation. However, Neither I nor her know anything about Astronomy and Astro observation. What I am doing is like the first time I went to a shop for R/C helicopter. So scary and deep...

I am now accepting the fact that I might need Maxivision ED 80 + Vixen Porta mount. But what else do I need beside the telescope and the mount? Could you or other experienced brothers help me finish the Wish list?

Bob

CHYeung
原恆星
文章: 50
註冊時間: 週一 07 4月, 2008 10:50
來自: 香港

文章 CHYeung » 週二 22 7月, 2008 09:05

The Maxvision ED80 does not come with a finder or eyepieces. You need a finder (an aiming telescope) to help you pointing the telescope at the target and you need eyepieces to get an viewable image. You may need 2-3 eyepieces giving magnifications between ~20x to ~100X. You may also need a star diagonal to facilitate viewing objects that are directly above head. These will add another 1-3K to your budget.

The easy way out may be buying a computerised set-telescope such as the Meade or Maxvision 90 mm MCTs. These telescopes are not as good optically and mechanically but you basically got all you need in a package at a lower price tag.

The ED80 is good, if you are already an avid observer and having all the eyepieces, diagonals etc.; otherwise, it can be quite costly after adding all the "accessories".

頭像
Wah!!
夸克星
文章: 13283
註冊時間: 週一 15 3月, 2004 21:28
聯繫:

文章 Wah!! » 週二 22 7月, 2008 09:16

I think a 2x~3x barlow lens is essential for multiple magnification usage.
Combining with 2 eyepieces, you can have max 4 different magnification ;)

TONGKW
中子星
文章: 1956
註冊時間: 週二 13 9月, 2005 14:35
來自: Hong Kong

文章 TONGKW » 週二 22 7月, 2008 17:56

bobpinpin 寫:Could someone help?
----
Here is another choice , WO ZS 70, a very portable refractor at HK$3300, weighing only 5.1 lb and 308 mm long and can be mounted with a K Mount on an ordinary photo tripod. It can be used both for astronomy and bird watching.
http://www.grandeye.com.hk/megrez_72.htm
You can either buy a Mizar K Mount at HK$1050 or Maxivision K Mount at RMB650.
http://www.grandeye.com.hk/7yearsale.htm
http://www.hkastroequipment.com/fj03-02.html
您沒有權限檢視這篇文章所附加的檔案。

bobpinpin
超新星

文章 bobpinpin » 週五 19 9月, 2008 14:31

sorry to have asked again brothers. I am still looking for help. Since I havent recieved updated pm from Mr.Wong, I decided to hold my Maxvision.

On the other hand, I would like to change my mind to buy a binocular. I have read the posts from different topics, 10x50 seem to be the best way to watch and learn from the sky.
Could some of you recommend some brands for me so that I can use it ASAP?

bob

max_kwok
主序星
文章: 161
註冊時間: 週一 13 11月, 2006 00:39

文章 max_kwok » 週五 19 9月, 2008 18:20

如果你夠butget,我會推薦Nikon Monarch 8x42/10x42
價錢半年前~$1700

sbod

文章 sbod » 週五 19 9月, 2008 19:10

雙筒鏡有平有貴, 平的一千幾百, 貴的上萬都有, 樓主budget 有多少?

bobpinpin
超新星

文章 bobpinpin » 週五 19 9月, 2008 21:22

Thanks for the advice, I immediately went out this afternoon and checked the price of the Nikon's series binocular. I found that different models like EX, Action... .from NIkkon. My budget is 1k up. I cant tell exactly how much I can pay because it is supposed to be used by my gf and I to start learning stars.

I also checked the price of Zesis ...that seems too much...But I was particulary drawn by the Zesis Spotting scopes which looks very impressive and interesting.

Any ideas?

bob

頭像
bingsze
夸克星
文章: 3939
註冊時間: 週一 15 1月, 2007 18:13
來自: hong kong

文章 bingsze » 週六 20 9月, 2008 13:33

其實我建議你試下跟一些天文組織或好似呢道的朋友仔,去下郊外睇下先啦,咁樣,你後悔的機會會少好多。
等到你地真的想自已擁有一支喜歡的鏡,才買鏡也不遲。

回覆文章