回覆文章
頭像
Passerby-B
中子星
文章: 1601
註冊時間: 週二 09 12月, 2003 15:37

Adobe Gamma in CS4

文章 Passerby-B » 週日 21 3月, 2010 11:41

I want to calibrate my monitor but could not find the Adobe Gamma in my Control Panel. It is embedded there in my Window 7.

Then I find the on-line held of CS4 and find such descriptions:-

"The Photoshop installer installs Adobe Gamma control panel (Adobe Gamma.cpl) into the Windows/System folder (Windows Me and 98) or the Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Calibration (Windows XP and 2000), and it installs the Adobe Gamma loader application (Adobe Gamma Loader.exe) into the Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Calibration folder. In addition, it installs a shortcut to the Adobe Gamma Loader application in the Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Startup folder (Windows Me and 98) or the Documents and Settings/All Users/Start Menu/Programs/Setup (Windows XP and 2000). As a result, the Adobe Gamma loader application appears in the Start > Programs > Startup menu and starts automatically during Windows startup."

I follow the instruction to find the programme but there is no "Calibration" folder in this pathway "Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Calibration (Windows XP and 2000)"

Again, the "Setup" folder in this pathway "Documents and Settings/All Users/Start Menu/Programs/Setup (Windows XP and 2000)" is empty.

I installed my my CS4 choosing the automatic installation option, i.e. there is no input from when it installs.

Is there something wrong with my CS4 or the Adobe Gamma is hidden in some where or I have to install the CS4 again?

頭像
Wah!!
夸克星
文章: 13283
註冊時間: 週一 15 3月, 2004 21:28
聯繫:

文章 Wah!! » 週一 22 3月, 2010 11:52

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps11_colour/ps11_1.htm
However, given that Windows Vista doesn't play well with certain utilities, it was inevitable that Adobe Gamma would eventually be dropped from the Windows version of Photoshop. So, it came as no surprise that as of Photoshop CS3 Adobe stopped shipping Adobe Gamma and it's still absent from CS4. For what it's worth, I think we can safely assume that Adobe will never again ship a monitor calibration utility with Photoshop.

回覆文章

回到「天文圖像處理技巧 Astro Image Processing Technique」

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 5 位訪客