[查詢]Aoraki Mount Cook, New Zealand

Chanlunlun
夸克星
文章: 3847
註冊時間: 週四 09 10月, 2003 21:06

文章 Chanlunlun » 週一 08 12月, 2014 23:13

鄧登凳 寫:In the middle of summer where you have long day light and very short period of total dark time???:roll:

Around Christmas in that area, astronomic dusk will be 12:10AM (i.e. after mid night) and astronomic dawn is 3:16AM, one only has three hours of full darkness.[熱]

You guys must be joking! [冷汗直流]
Thanks for your concern, my friend.

But this is almost the best time of the year for star gazing in New Zealand - when the sky just turns dark the Large Magellic and Small Magellic clouds are already high in the sky, ready to be targeted by the 20 incher, not to mention the nearby southern germs such as Jewel Box, Eta Carina and Tucane 47…. Things that we seldom have chances to see. And last but not least we don't need to fear the moon during Christmas.

Do I forgot to mention that the temperature at summer's night is warm enough to keep us comfortable? Star gazing at freezing temperature is a very punishing experience.

Actually we all know there is only 3 hours of total darkness. But three hours per night is more than sufficient for us, as we are planning to stay 10 nights in New Zealand. We don't want to get too tired as we also do quite a lot of sight seeings at day times.

頭像
鄧登凳
夸克星
文章: 9493
註冊時間: 週一 03 8月, 2009 17:15
來自: 3rd planet of solar system

文章 鄧登凳 » 週一 08 12月, 2014 23:51

Well, the most important thing is that you can enjoy the holiday.

Actually, the objects you mentioned are circumpolar; they never set or rise at your observation latitude.

Have a nice trip and give us a report on how it goes.

回覆文章

回到「旅遊天地 Travelling around the World」

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 3 位訪客