The Canadian Rockies I

syyuen168
夸克星
文章: 3856
註冊時間: 週五 06 7月, 2007 23:06

The Canadian Rockies I

文章 syyuen168 » 週一 08 2月, 2010 17:22

I went to Vancouver in last September and stayed there for sometime. After resting for a week, I took a car from home to the Canadian Rockies across the Trans Canada highway 1. It was a ten hours drive for about 900 km. I stopped at Kamloops for lunch, Salmon Arms for snacks and Golden for dinner, arrived at the lodge hotel in Banff centre at about 8:00 pm at night. For the five nights thereafter, I visit the Bon Valley Parkway driving from East to West. I did not have anytime for the Jasper visit for this trip which is located from South to North. This part of the Rockies is also very rich with Glaciers and wide animals.

The weather was excellent and temperature was moderate during my visit. I did not take any photos at nights because I was not prepared for it. The night in the park was so dark that you could not even see your fingers. No street light or light in the highways is allowed because the light pollution scare the wide animals at night, according to the park warrants. I will definitely take my gears with me the next time I visit the Rockies again. Here are some photos for sharing.
附加檔案
Johnson Lake - Banff National Park.jpg
Johnson Lake - Banff National Park
Johnson Lake - Banff National Park.jpg (157.51 KiB) 已瀏覽 6317 次
Emerald Lake - Yoho National Park 1.jpg
Emerald Lake - Yoho National Park
Emerald Lake - Yoho National Park 1.jpg (154.9 KiB) 已瀏覽 6317 次
Emerald Lake 2 - Yoho National Park.jpg
Emerald Lake - Banff National Park
Emerald Lake 2 - Yoho National Park.jpg (225.46 KiB) 已瀏覽 6317 次
Bon Valley Parkway 3.jpg
Bon Valley Parkway - Banff National Park
Bon Valley Parkway 3.jpg (285.44 KiB) 已瀏覽 6317 次
Bon Valley Parkway 2.jpg
Bon Valley Parkway - Banff National Park
Bon Valley Parkway 2.jpg (175.9 KiB) 已瀏覽 6317 次
最後由 syyuen168 於 週二 09 2月, 2010 09:28 編輯,總共編輯了 2 次。

syyuen168
夸克星

文章 syyuen168 » 週一 08 2月, 2010 17:26

Some more photos
附加檔案
Vermilion Lake 1 - Banff National Park.jpg
Vermilion Lake - Banff National Park
Vermilion Lake 1 - Banff National Park.jpg (242.19 KiB) 已瀏覽 6299 次
Paint Pots 2 - Kootenay National Park.jpg
Paint Pots - Kootenay National Park
Paint Pots 2 - Kootenay National Park.jpg (234.2 KiB) 已瀏覽 6299 次
Paint Pots 1 - Kootenay National Park.jpg
Paint Pots - Kootenay National Park
Paint Pots 1 - Kootenay National Park.jpg (211.1 KiB) 已瀏覽 6299 次
Moriane Lake 2 - Banff National Park.jpg
Moriane Lake - Banff National Park
Moriane Lake 2 - Banff National Park.jpg (225.56 KiB) 已瀏覽 6299 次
Morant's Cuvre - Banff National Park.jpg
Morant's Curve - Bon Valley Parkway
Morant's Cuvre - Banff National Park.jpg (182.13 KiB) 已瀏覽 6299 次

頭像
Eddy So
夸克星
文章: 16078
註冊時間: 週四 04 12月, 2008 22:35
來自: 中男海

文章 Eddy So » 週一 08 2月, 2010 17:33

[三八萌] [三八萌] 風景好,好風景! [三八萌] [三八萌]

頭像
昇仔
夸克星
文章: 2377
註冊時間: 週二 13 11月, 2007 17:40
來自: 香港

文章 昇仔 » 週一 08 2月, 2010 17:48

Classic photos, dream place for travellers and star lovers.

[水草舞] [水草舞] [水草舞] [水草舞] [水草舞]

anyone
夸克星
文章: 14338
註冊時間: 週六 07 2月, 2009 12:13
來自: hong kong

文章 anyone » 週一 08 2月, 2010 20:08

beautiful ! :shock:

肯定冇光害 , 觀星一流 ! :D

頭像
PeterPeter
夸克星
文章: 2653
註冊時間: 週四 30 11月, 2006 13:25

Re: The Canadian Rockies

文章 PeterPeter » 週一 08 2月, 2010 21:44

syyuen168 寫:......The night in the park was so dark that you could not even see your fingers. No street light or light in the highways is allowed because the light pollution scare the wide animals at night, according to the park warrants.......
咁赤道儀上的LED燈和工作時用的燈光或激光又會唔會嚇驚到某些動物呢?
這區的郊野如果有大型動物出沒的話,可能影星都影得唔安樂 [冷吱吱]

頭像
bingsze
夸克星
文章: 3939
註冊時間: 週一 15 1月, 2007 18:13

文章 bingsze » 週一 08 2月, 2010 21:48

袁:

你做咩放幾張名信片上來呀,

你咁攪法我地個個會癡線的呢!

唔知幾時我地有幸去這些咁靚的地方呢? :D

頭像
鄧登凳
夸克星
文章: 9493
註冊時間: 週一 03 8月, 2009 17:15
來自: 3rd planet of solar system

文章 鄧登凳 » 週一 08 2月, 2010 22:13

For Canadian Rockies, better star observation sites should be on the west side of the mountain.

Especailly during winter, wind blows from the west up the Rockies bringing in moisture. So there is cloud on the Eastward facing mountain. The air drop all the moisture up the Rockies and therefore it is relatively dry and very few clouds. This is the process of forming the Chinook.

I think that the Banff area and Jasper area that you visitd are very good observing site. With Chinook, the west side is warmer as a result of adebatic compression of air.

However, one reminder: those areas are glizzy bears infested. It would not be a good experience to meet one in the middle of nowhere with you heavy astronomical gears.

syyuen168
夸克星

文章 syyuen168 » 週二 09 2月, 2010 09:48

Will you be beaten up or eaten by the wide life? Chance is pretty thin. Why? There are two reasons: When you enter the park, you receive instruction of what to do and what not to do with the wide animals as well as all the emergency numbers and locations for help. There are also signs around the entire park where the wide animals usually go for hunting. The wide animals usually are well fed by the park warrants to keep them full and warm. That said, if you are naughty enough to provoke them in short distance, this is another story. As tourist is the major income of the park, you do not hear so often that wide animals attack tourists in the park. This is quite a well organized place on earth.

One night, I drove up hill away from the Banff town to a place named Hoodoos viewpoint. It was only a couple of minutes driving distance from the town centre. I enjoyed the night sky there with my bare ears without aims. I can clearly see little dipper high up in the North Sky. What a mistakes I make not to bring my portable astro gears with me for this trip.

More photos will be followed :) :D

頭像
MOON TO
夸克星
文章: 4598
註冊時間: 週一 03 8月, 2009 15:40

文章 MOON TO » 週二 09 2月, 2010 17:42

人間美景

頭像
鄧登凳
夸克星
文章: 9493
註冊時間: 週一 03 8月, 2009 17:15
來自: 3rd planet of solar system

文章 鄧登凳 » 週二 09 2月, 2010 18:17

Some extracts from the Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks "BEARS and PEOPLE
A Guide to Safety and Conservation on the Trail"

http://www.pc.gc.ca/docs/v-g/oursgest-b ... 7_e.asp#a2
Parks Canada recommends carrying bear spray with you at all times on the trail.

Bear Spray

Research indicates that bear spray can be effective with some bears when used properly. If you plan to carry it, be aware that wind, spray distance, rain, freezing temperatures and product shelf life can all influence its effectiveness. Familiarize yourself with the proper use of bear spray (including the manufacturer's specific instructions) and keep it readily accessible. However, the best way to live safely with bears is to avoid contact with them.

1. The best thing to do is... AVOID an encounter
Bears are extremely sensitive to the stress of human activity. You can actually help protect these animals by avoiding encounters with them.
Travel in groups.
Never approach a bear. (Always maintain a distance of at least 100 metres).

Larger size groups are less likely to have a serious bear encounter. We recommend hiking in a tight group of four or more. Never let children wander.
Use officially marked paths and trails and travel during daylight hours.
Those coloured red are things stargazers may do contrary to the advice of the parks management.

If I remember correctly, taking a gondola ride to the top of Hoodoos look out, you will notice many signs there warning about bears and the electric fence which is used to keep the bear out of the hiking trail.

I visited that area many times and I am not joking about glizzy bears.

頭像
Nosneb
夸克星
文章: 2814
註冊時間: 週五 12 5月, 2006 13:31
來自: 中華人民共和國 香港特別行政區

文章 Nosneb » 週二 09 2月, 2010 18:23

:twisted: 呀袁生做乜post咁多畫上黎呀? 簡直靚到唔似實境! 好毒! 不過都唔會毒到我, 因為肯定冇$去!

另外, 我懷疑究竟鄧登凳兄係咪將本百科全書植入左大腦? 感覺就好似任何範疇既問題都難唔到佢 [Good Job]

anyone
夸克星
文章: 14338
註冊時間: 週六 07 2月, 2009 12:13

文章 anyone » 週二 09 2月, 2010 23:29

Nosneb 寫::twisted: 呀袁生做乜post咁多畫上黎呀? 簡直靚到唔似實境! 好毒! 不過都唔會毒到我, 因為肯定冇$去!

另外, 我懷疑究竟鄧登凳兄係咪將本百科全書植入左大腦? 感覺就好似任何範疇既問題都難唔到佢 [Good Job]
勁過百科全書 , 叻過 wikipedia 啦 ! :D

syyuen168
夸克星

文章 syyuen168 » 週三 10 2月, 2010 10:37

Mr. Tang, Hoodoos viewpoint is actually inside the Banff city only a couple of minutes drive from the Banff Town Centre. You do not find bears and electric fences there. I only see the small bear (The Little Dipper) high up in the North Sky. It is not my first time visit the Canadian Rockies. I have not seen any bears for the past three trips. Do you know that tenth of thousands of visitors visiting the Rockies in Summer and autum every year. Some hikers do camping in the different camp sites. Have you heard from the news that hikers got eaten up by the bears? :o :?

If you want to find bears, you need to walk for six to ten hours deep into the mountain with no access to roads and camp there at night. Then you can meet the bears as well as other widelife eye to eye. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

鄧登凳 寫:Some extracts from the Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks "BEARS and PEOPLE
A Guide to Safety and Conservation on the Trail"

http://www.pc.gc.ca/docs/v-g/oursgest-b ... 7_e.asp#a2
Parks Canada recommends carrying bear spray with you at all times on the trail.

Bear Spray

Research indicates that bear spray can be effective with some bears when used properly. If you plan to carry it, be aware that wind, spray distance, rain, freezing temperatures and product shelf life can all influence its effectiveness. Familiarize yourself with the proper use of bear spray (including the manufacturer's specific instructions) and keep it readily accessible. However, the best way to live safely with bears is to avoid contact with them.

1. The best thing to do is... AVOID an encounter
Bears are extremely sensitive to the stress of human activity. You can actually help protect these animals by avoiding encounters with them.
Travel in groups.
Never approach a bear. (Always maintain a distance of at least 100 metres).

Larger size groups are less likely to have a serious bear encounter. We recommend hiking in a tight group of four or more. Never let children wander.
Use officially marked paths and trails and travel during daylight hours.
Those coloured red are things stargazers may do contrary to the advice of the parks management.

If I remember correctly, taking a gondola ride to the top of Hoodoos look out, you will notice many signs there warning about bears and the electric fence which is used to keep the bear out of the hiking trail.

I visited that area many times and I am not joking about glizzy bears.

頭像
Wah!!
夸克星
文章: 13283
註冊時間: 週一 15 3月, 2004 21:28
聯繫:

文章 Wah!! » 週三 10 2月, 2010 10:55

睇 Net Geo 節目, 話灰熊(定係棕熊?)好勁, 雖然上噸重, 但跑得快過世界短跑冠軍, 四吋才的爪可以俾佢爬樹, 亦識得游水.
如果佢睇中左你, 基本上就可以肯定"果頭近"喇.

回覆文章

回到「旅遊天地 Travelling around the World」

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 16 位訪客