MANDII
夸克星
文章: 2951
註冊時間: 週二 28 7月, 2009 15:13
來自: HK

文章 MANDII » 週四 02 12月, 2010 10:01

<<中国牧夫 >>

Canon20da : 2010-12-1 23:07

i am in hong kong now. any chance we can get together? i would love to see your observatory if you have free time. you are a little famous in china already. he he
you might remember that we chatted before. i am an american living in chengdu, sichuan. i have a meade dsi camera also.
do you know of anyone who is selling a used (second-hand) Meade ETX telescope? also, i am interested in buying the book Photoshop Astronomy. someone on the hong kong astronomy club's forum webpage was trying to sell this book but i am unsure how to get ahold of him ()
http://www.hkastroforum.net/viewtopic.p ... ee0a8e5fd4
. i would apprecaite your help! mike (canon 20da) mikezele@hotmail.com

MANDII : 2010-12-2 09:55

Well Canon ! long time no see ! your message 哈哈!
Pls check my PM , I leave my phone no. there .
Also , about the 2nd hand ETX telescope and the magazine ,
I may do something for you , let's see it .

頭像
MANDII
夸克星

文章 MANDII » 週五 10 12月, 2010 20:23

《以下总结整个现有器材的深空拍摄步骤》

前题:

目的:
以拍照作天文深空观察的手段,作记录。此谓深空观察记录,而并非深空摄影。
好比日常生活中用手机拍拍写照,用写照来记录生活,而并非专业摄影的意思。
在照片上能看到一般的深空天体(DSO)。不能太讲究照片的质量和美感。
分倆类DSO,一类是在现有4“600mm牛反望远镜,当晚天空情况,K25mm目镜里能看到。
一类是K25mm目镜里看不到,但有可能在现有4“牛反望远镜,当晚天空情况,DSI-I拍得到的。

天空情况:一般般暗的半城市半交区的天空,透明度不怎么高,烟霞云量比较谱篇。

拍摄器材成本:哈哈!
-日本MIZAR 4”600mm 牛反,二手,400港币。
- 智通EQ3-II赤道仪带单跟,二手,300港币。
- K25mm 目镜,不用钱。
- Meade DSI-I 彩版。二手,800港币。
- 电脑,不用钱,本身有。

总成本:1500港币。

拍摄时间:三个小时,三个小时内要完成整个拍摄,一般由晚上9点到12点。

具体步骤:
1.查星图,人肉GOTO初始化设定,启程(直接指向该DSO)。

2.插入目镜看能否看到该DSO,能看到便可安心慢慢拍照,跳过第3和4步,直接进入第5步,不急,
此时对焦好不好也不重要,因为肯定是能拍到!而对焦只会影响最终照片毛湖一点就是,没什么大不了的,
目前来说。但是如果看不到怎么办??我估计百份之80以上的情况都会是看不到,那便得先做第3和4步 !

3.试暴10秒,星点是能看到的,从星点走动情况分辩屏幕上的东南西北方,调节DSI位置角度使屏幕能清楚
识别星移方向(东西在横,南北在竖)。这是每个拍一个对象都要做的,
因为每拍一个天体都要插上DSI,那位置都改了。
知道位置有啥好处??好处是便能按星图,在屏障上根据方向来找该天体!因为人肉GOTO有可能还不够准确到位的。
因此还得需要微调, 边看星图,边看屏障微调天体位置,也是要花上时间的,我估计最小也要半个小时,
不顺利的还得一个多小时都很正常的。 另外,就是方便接下来的第4步,能比较容易看拉线情况。

好了,直到目前你还是没看到有该DSO的,你只是用几秒时间,看星点来推测位置而已。
实际上你那几秒钟根本不可能看到该暗DSO的,M42那些明亮的就例外。
那便得要在第4步里看能否看到了。

4.试暴3分钟,假如看不到便得回第三步重复地推测位置。
假如试了多次,在推测位置是准确的情况下,都无法在屏幕上看到,那就要结束拍摄了。
因为那结论指的是:目前的望远镜和DSI,在我当晚的天空下,是无法拍到该DSO,更不用对焦了。

5.重复暴光三分钟,看星点如何,此时该DSO会跟星点一起出现屏幕上,
重复根据每次影像结果,作平衡微调,直到星点比较圆。
虽然极轴是之前用漂移对好了,但每次每个位置还是要再微调东西平衡的,这也是相对时间而论。
以我的设备为例,600mm到了3分钟就很明显的!2分钟以下的还可以马马虎虎应付。
特别是镜子平衡影响最大,每个指向位置都会改变平衡情况,而会反映在星点东西移上。
这步骤是最花时间的,每调小许,便要花上3分钟!调5,6次,都要花上我最小半小时了,
而且非常的敏感!以之前的经验,一般上我都要做上一个小时就差不多了,如果顺利的话。

6.好不容易地做完第5步后,此时星点是够圆了。
此时是能在屏幕上看到该DSO的,那如果要求高点的,还有精力的,那还可以细调对焦方面,
使影像更清晰,但我估计,到了那个时候,都已经根皮力进。

7.以2,3分钟,不停地让电脑自动收集光子,此时自已可以休息了。

因为一晚只能2,3个小时花在拍摄上,有的地方没法做得很理想。

MANDII
2010/12/10

頭像
MANDII
夸克星

文章 MANDII » 週日 12 12月, 2010 15:37

今日是公元2010年12月12日。
Mike Canon 来自美国阿里桑拿洲,是一家公司老总,公司有业务在国内,这次来香港主要是治伤,
便想来我家玩,看看天文台。他是一位非常热爱天文的人,今晨一大早来我家坐,
我和他相处了整整半天,觉得他人很好,很nice。
本人非常荣幸他的到来。Thank you Mike ! :D

MANDII
附加檔案
5.JPG
5.JPG (21.36 KiB) 已瀏覽 16032 次
4.JPG
4.JPG (26.69 KiB) 已瀏覽 16032 次
3.JPG
3.JPG (29.59 KiB) 已瀏覽 16032 次
2.JPG
2.JPG (23.9 KiB) 已瀏覽 16032 次
1.JPG
1.JPG (92.25 KiB) 已瀏覽 16032 次

頭像
MANDII
夸克星

文章 MANDII » 週日 12 12月, 2010 15:39

more
附加檔案
10.JPG
10.JPG (21.4 KiB) 已瀏覽 16022 次
9.JPG
9.JPG (23.41 KiB) 已瀏覽 16022 次
8.JPG
8.JPG (32.49 KiB) 已瀏覽 16022 次
7.JPG
7.JPG (23.03 KiB) 已瀏覽 16022 次
6.JPG
6.JPG (25.31 KiB) 已瀏覽 16022 次

頭像
MANDII
夸克星

文章 MANDII » 週日 12 12月, 2010 15:40

Final
附加檔案
12.JPG
12.JPG (16.08 KiB) 已瀏覽 16014 次
11.JPG
11.JPG (26.28 KiB) 已瀏覽 16014 次

頭像
MANDII
夸克星

文章 MANDII » 週一 13 12月, 2010 09:56

台湾:

KH:2010-12-12 17:13:06
那棟白屋 是下一個天文台嗎?

MANDII:今天 09:21:52

不,多用途房屋,或许未来也贮藏大型望远镜,说不定。 Smiley
前几天才刚建好。还有那个棚架,棚架是我自己一个人做的。
那棚架有轮子,可以很顺滑地转动竿,把帆布拉开和收起。
它的位置已予留和倆边成90度的墙壁隔开一尺半的宽度,以后会再弄花槽,种高高的树木,
像那颗松树那么高的密密的,那样就成了一个空中花园,也可以挡光。

頭像
MANDII
夸克星

文章 MANDII » 週三 15 12月, 2010 09:41

moved.
最後由 MANDII 於 週六 15 1月, 2011 13:03 編輯,總共編輯了 2 次。

頭像
MANDII
夸克星

文章 MANDII » 週三 15 12月, 2010 09:58

moved.
最後由 MANDII 於 週六 15 1月, 2011 13:26 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。

頭像
MANDII
夸克星

文章 MANDII » 週二 21 12月, 2010 15:32

2010年12月21日11:00a.m 焊登 |ClOUDY NIGHT|

OBSERVATORY made by own -- MANDII (HONG KONG)
http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/ ... ll/fpart/1

Donnie : 12/20/10 09:37 PM from Western Ky
Hi, great looking setup.

Alex McConahay : 12/20/10 09:46 PM from unkown
Yes, very nice.
Should give some nice views of moon and planets. May be a bit difficult on deep sky, considering the possibility of light pollution!
Alex

Aircrftr :12/20/10 09:47 PM from Claremore OK
Very nice Mandii !! there is always great satisfaction in building things on your own. Job well done!

csa/montanaModerator : 12/20/10 09:48 PM from montana
Welcome to Cloudy Nights, and especially the Observatory Forum!
What a beautiful observatory you have! Congratulations! Thank you so much for posting such nice photos, and sharing your observatory with us!
Looking forward to hearing more from you, and your experiences with your observatory.
--------------------
Carol

David Pavlich :12/20/10 10:20 PM from Mandeville, LA USA
Welcome to Cloudy Nights! You did a great job.
David

tomtom1957 : 12/20/10 10:32 PM from Winnfield,La.
Looks really great,happy star hunting.

MANDII : 12/20/10 10:46 PM
Thank you everybody
Good DAY to ALL of YOU !!!

GeneT : 12/20/10 11:14 PM from South Texas
Beautiful observatory! Welcome fellow astronomer, from the beautiful city of Hong Kong!
GeneT

頭像
MANDII
夸克星

文章 MANDII » 週二 21 12月, 2010 17:30

Cloudy nights at 12/21/10 04:23 AM

Dear ALL ,

Pls let me explain a bit of the background in building the Observatory by own .

The observatory was completely built on october 31th of ASTRONOMY year 2009 .
I decided to build it , on the right time of the year .
Structure Design started on Augest,2009 .
The design tooks time in considering the building size , the usage ,the cost ,etc ...
as much as I can think about it at that time ,for nearly 1 months time .
I had confirmed the drawings finally , the diagram draws the detail structure and size of 3 main components ,
and I passed them to 3 different local makers in a city near Hong Kong , the shenzhen(china). It that case ,
the cost was much lower . They made it according to my drawings and according my ideas talking through several meetings with them .
The 3 components consist of a Halfly-opened Dome, Iron track and a curved Door .
The 3 components must be compatible in size and can be matched well to the overall structure of the final building ,
before they are completely made and transported to my home . So , that's real difficluty at that time .
Any wrong dimension of the 3 components will cause big trouble in final stage when making the building wall .
The buiding wall is made by my uncle and me together .

In the past one year time of my astronomy hobby , I use the observatory very oftenly , I like taking photos . Though the weather is not always fine . It's always the cloudy nights . However , Finally I had decided to expand my usage of the observatory in 3 ways mainly , such that I still can use my telescope imaging system , at any time that I would like to use , to reduce the weather effect to much lower level .

The 3 ways are , First of all , I take image of the plants over the hill, the visual position of each plants is recorded down by RA and DEC scale such that I can find them easily at any time for repeatly observation . Plants imaging can be any time (day time and night time ) by using the meade DSI imager . 2ndly , I take image of the moon craters . I use the moon map to find the craters under over 100X magification . Each craters are noted down as images , by DSI imager or a self modified web cam . There are so many craters on the moon , as well as the nearby scenery on the moon surface , each one is recorded as photo . That is always a big fun .
3rdly , in some clear nights , I take images of DSO . That is a challenging task as all we amenturs can know it . So far I am still trying on the way . My first target is to use low pricing equipments( less than 3000HKD for telescope , mount and DSI-I) to catch up these DSO . I had experience in finding the DSO by simply using the RA and DEC scale of the mount . And catch them as possibily as I can do it . The method I called is 'Manual GOTO" , it can point to the object directly by using the realtive RA and DEC coordinates from the star chat . And of couse need some fine turns of the locations by hand . And finally take photo of it by using DSI-I . So far I found this way is challenging and I enjoy it very much indeed .

MANDII
2010/12/21

頭像
MANDII
夸克星

文章 MANDII » 週三 22 12月, 2010 09:18

<< Cloudy Night >>

nytecam : 12/21/10 06:45 AM from London UK
Very smart looking domed observatory - good luck with your future observations
A query - how do you seal the two halves of the dome from rainwater penetration

MANDII : 12/21/10 09:11 AM
well , rainwater was the first priority in determine the dome structure at the beginning. The dome has two halves ( inner and outer).
Outer halve put over the inner halve , and outter halve rotates to open and close the dome . you can look at the shape of Inner halve(pic.1),typically at the top end it's tilted a bit upward (2cm). Pic.2 shows the outter halve open on top of the inner halve . Pic.3 shows the dome is closed . Note that in pic.4 , the outter halve covers more the inner halve , about 5cm more . Plus the tilted end of the inner halve , it's enough to prevent the rain penetrating .
2ndly , Pic.6 is the iron track with wheels inside , the inner halve fixed on top of the track by screws . You can see the black rubber on top surface of the track . Aims to insulate the rain .

In last summer , heavy rains always come , long lasting days . It's No big deal .

pic.1
http://www.hkastroforum.net/files/dsc00014_101.jpg

pic.2
http://www.hkastroforum.net/files/dsc00017_296.jpg

pic.3
http://www.hkastroforum.net/files/dsc00015_193.jpg

pic.4
http://www.hkastroforum.net/files/dsc00016_173.jpg

pic5.
http://www.hkastroforum.net/files/dsc00019_160.jpg

pic.6
http://www.hkastroforum.net/files/dsc00009_297.jpg

Bob Griffiths : 12/21/10 09:35 AM from Frederick Maryland
Mandi:

It is about time you discovered these forums here at cloudy nights and especially this observatory forum... lol

I've followed you posts on another forum for quite some time and I've been impressed with your progress

Bob G

Starman27 : 12/21/10 09:43 AM from Illinois, Iowa
Mandi,

Outstanding work! Thanks for the detailed discussion and images.
Enjoy the dark,
Herman

MANDII : 12/21/10 09:52 AM
WOW BOB , the master BOB ,ha ha !!
How do you find me out here , a nice place . Ha ha .

MANDII :12/21/10 09:53 AM
Thanks everybody !

頭像
MANDII
夸克星

文章 MANDII » 週三 22 12月, 2010 12:31

MANDII : 12/21/10 09:50 PM

These are the drawings of the dome , track & the door .
They are all the first draft ,first version . The other latter updated drawings was lost , so pity . These drawing are not professional one indeed , cause I am not an engineer . In addition to the drawings , I need to verbally explain to those 3 makers very oftenly at same time .It takes about 2 weeks time to complete all the 3 things on nearly same timming . I collect and inspect the 3 components in one single night on 9th september of 2009 , from the 3 makers that are located very far away in Shenzhen indeed , and brought them to my shenzhen home together( pic.0) . Two days after , they were all transported to HONG KONG in a single truck .

The measurements was changed in latter stage after the first drawing , the structure of Dome and the door did change as well .

In pic.1 , originally the outter halve was thought to open and close upward and downward . However , when I consider more the strong wind influence , finally I decided to open and close horizontally in rotation manner .Meaning that the fix point(big screw) was set at the top of the dome . That is much simpler in design and stronger in striving against the big wind . And also , there is another big screw(upward) to lock the outter halve from moving . You can see the pic.1 of previous post . There is a screw hole at the front side of the inner halve . Normally , I seldom lock it . Small wind cannot move the halve easily . I only lock it on Summer time cause big storm may sometimes come suddenly .

The Iron track(pic.2) weight about 30KG . It has totally 8 wheels inside . And a hand panel ouside to push it moving .Design of the iron track was not changed much through the way . Inside the iron track , I use the lubricating mechanical Oil to make it move very smoothly . I like the mechanical sound 'lung lung' when it's moving . Very real indeed .

The side-openned door(pic.3) had been considered to hide away from the rain water as well . Typically at the side track and at the bottom track ,the water will be kept inside the bottom track and drain the inner observatory , thus I need to make some holes at the bottom track , to let water goes outward . You can see two holes on the pic.5 of previous post .

pic.0
http://www.hkastroforum.net/files/dsc00002_397.jpg

pic.1
http://www.hkastroforum.net/files/dome_122.jpg

pic.2
http://www.hkastroforum.net/files/3406_0001_875.jpg

pic.3
http://www.hkastroforum.net/files/door_212.jpg

頭像
MANDII
夸克星

文章 MANDII » 週四 23 12月, 2010 10:43

quantumac : 12/22/10 04:32 PM from unknown

Happiness is a working observatory. I've had my roll-off-roof observatory since 1995. My late step-dad helped me design and build it.

Thank you for sharing MANDII.

MANDII : 12/22/10 09:24 PM
Wow ,you made one in last century , long history , ha ha .
Yes, it always need help from one's nearest family members in doing such tough thing .
Your dad help you at that time , very valuable experience with your dad ,
I am sure you will not forget it through your life .
Samely , my uncle helped me last year .

Frankly speaking .. . it's already a year time ,
As now I remind those hard time once again , the final stage in making up the whole building , the real working person
,or I should say the real hero at the back , who use his hand to build up this observatory ,
who even don't know what astronomy and what an observatory is , is not me , is my dearest uncle indeed !

I want to say something about the real hero at the back for this observatory now ,
My uncle is a man over 60's aged , still looks very young , already retired for long time .
He is very strong and healthy , he was a construction labour in the old time .
And he know the way to build a building wall using the bricks and cement .

This time , it's mainly done by my uncle , I was just helping to carry up heavy materials and things ,
and worked as an assistance of him , some simple coating /painting in final steps I may get involved of it .
He is a real person who can understand me very well .
For many important things in my life , my uncle helped me a lot .. .
He had helped me to make one the most important decision in my life , long time ago .. .
And this time , it was not an exception as well ...
I just told him my plan and idea in the final building .
He understand it and make it for me . Very thanks for him !!

My UNCLE :
http://www.hkastroforum.net/files/dsc00071_197.jpg
http://www.hkastroforum.net/files/dsc00086_132.jpg
http://www.hkastroforum.net/files/dsc00087_197.jpg

頭像
MANDII
夸克星

文章 MANDII » 週五 24 12月, 2010 11:05

Cloudy Nights

nytecam 12/23/10 07:20 AM from LONDON UK

Many thanks Mandii for the detailed photos and explanation - well done

Being pedantic, as an architect, I'd abreviate it as a concealed upstand edge [on the inner 'dome'] and a downstand drip on the outer over-riding 'dome' to stop wind-driven rainwater penetration

MANDII : 12/23/10 10:00 PM
Rain water was the first consideration .
2nd master consideration was heat insulation from the SUN .

To me , heat insulation is a key point , why ?
Because this factor determined how much use the observatory can be . The more the observatory can be used in various ways , the more valuable a observatory is .

As you can read my first post the objective of this project written on 3rd of september ,2009 ( beginning stage).
The observatory is not only aims in Night Astro-Hunting , but also used in daytime working(making plastic models) , reading books , taking a rest , etc .. And now in real usage from the past 1 year time , it's mainly use in playing the on-line games and do some Plant observation and imaging under telescope imaging system in daytime afternoon . Or sleeping inside . It did expand at least 50% of the observatory usage , by making it cool inside in daytime .

Two ways to achieve the goal of coolness inside the observatory .
1. I choosed to use the red bricks and cement as the structure of the body .Around total 8cm thickness of the wall and ceiling , Plus the high quality(600RMB)heat insulating coating paint that was bought far away from North West China ,it can reduce the room temp. to about or more than 20 degree celcious below the outside temp. in hot summer . About this pianting ( green bucket in pic.0 of prv.post),In last summer , outside temp. was about 35degree , when you put your hand over the platform ground , it's very hot ! It could be over 50degree on the ground surface . However , when you put your hand over the outter wall surface of the observatory , it was just warm feeling ! I guess less than 30 degree . And internal wall surface was much lower than external wall surface , feeling a bit warm indeed !!! And of couse , the room is very cool . That was very amazing at that time as I experienced !

2. The door was designed to be built in South side .
This is simple , but very useful !
When the dome is opened at Northern side, and the door is opened just a little in southern side ,natural cool wind is drawn automatically into the room , feeling very comfortable .

3. By using the bricks and cement with such thickness of 8cm , it is a good Sound insulator as well .
You will feel that it looks like a Cave on the platform indeed ! The inside is kept highly silent and cool when you close the door and dome , looks like a cave . When you speaking or listenning to music from computer , you will hear the echo sometimes ,very sharp and strong base music !

Merry Christmax Everybody on every astronomy corner of the world !!

Best Regards
MANDII
2010/12/24

回覆文章

回到「天文台 Observatory」

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 4 位訪客