寶覺分校天文台

自製和廠制天文台
sbod

寶覺分校天文台

文章 sbod » 週日 08 6月, 2008 13:38

According to OO百科......

呢間小學設有澳洲Sirius Observatories製2.3米圓頂天文台以及德國APM製152毫米口徑折射式天文望遠鏡......

http://www.pokokbs.edu.hk/foto/facilities/index.html

不過現時校方網頁的課外活動部分......
已經無提及天文學會......

:roll:

Chanlunlun
夸克星
文章: 3847
註冊時間: 週四 09 10月, 2003 21:06

Re: 寶覺分校天文台

文章 Chanlunlun » 週日 08 6月, 2008 16:48

sbod 寫:According to OO百科......

呢間小學設有澳洲Sirius Observatories製2.3米圓頂天文台以及德國APM製152毫米口徑折射式天文望遠鏡......

http://www.pokokbs.edu.hk/foto/facilities/index.html

不過現時校方網頁的課外活動部分......
已經無提及天文學會......

:roll:
Dear Mr. Dobs,

Judging from their pictures the telescope doesn't seem to be an APM. It rather looks like a modest 6 inch archromat from China. Undoubtedly the equatorial mount must be an EQ6 or similiar brand, non-GOTO version.

The dome is surely a Sirius. The lay out doesn't seem to be logical - the dome seems too small for a long refractor. You can imagine how inconveniet it is to swing through such long scope inside a tight space. That may explain why astronomy is declining in that school - inapproriate choice of equipment.

If the telescope was a C-11 NextStar ( or Meade LX90 12 inch ), instead of a long non-GOTO refractor, things might never be the same again.

But my theory may all be wrong. It might as well be that the installation of the dome bears nothing to do with astronomy, but for propagada purpose only. In this case anything inside the dome does do the same job.

Best regards
Chan Yuk Lun

Best regards
Chan Yuk Lun

頭像
David
中子星
文章: 1547
註冊時間: 週六 14 2月, 2004 22:53
聯繫:

文章 David » 週日 08 6月, 2008 20:19

ambcyli
白矮星
文章: 896
註冊時間: 週四 10 5月, 2007 23:44
來自: 敢教日月換新天

文章 ambcyli » 週日 08 6月, 2008 21:16

只希望不會淪為第二個南約區中學…

頭像
Skyobs
白矮星
文章: 724
註冊時間: 週日 16 9月, 2007 22:37
來自: HKSAR

文章 Skyobs » 週日 08 6月, 2008 22:20

Having the doom is great. It blocks some of the inevitable light pollution, provides a safe place for students, and saves much effort in setting up & packing telescopes.

It would be debateable whether such big refractor is the best for primary students. But its focal length is still fine for many types of observations (in my opinion, its size is more than enough for school activities).

Doom without a big telescope doesn't look like an observatory. Propaganda concern was likely. And in fact, even HKSM was promoting similar idea in the remote observatory scheme that supposed to house a big scope. Only guys in this forum often persuade beginners to buy modest scopes, even just binoculars.

Anyway, it is good to spend some money in this field. Hope the teachers/principals take some advices from this forum. Make a good balance between big and small scopes (just like the one in TSW that attracted hot discussions in another thread). If there must be a choice between a big one & several small ones, I would vote for the latter. More students can learn hands-on, and can continue the hobby despite unable to own/access an observatory.

sbod

文章 sbod » 週日 08 6月, 2008 23:25

Skyobs 寫:Only guys in this forum often persuade beginners to buy modest scopes, even just binoculars.
講真, 你呢句都好唔客氣. 唔知你想點.

但我認同:

"it is good to spend some money in this field."

"If there must be a choice between a big one & several small ones, I would vote for the latter. More students can learn hands-on, and can continue the hobby despite unable to own/access an observatory."

頭像
Skyobs
白矮星

文章 Skyobs » 週日 08 6月, 2008 23:34

sbod 寫: 講真, 你呢句都好唔客氣. 唔知你想點.
Please forgive me if there was any offence. I just mean "members" (regardless of gender) in a casual way. And this was the mainstream recommendation I can see.
最後由 Skyobs 於 週日 08 6月, 2008 23:39 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。

sbod

文章 sbod » 週日 08 6月, 2008 23:38

始終都係佢講得最好...... [茶]
Subaru 寫:世上沒有完美的鏡, 只有依照你的需要及手頭上的彈藥去揀.
http://www.hkastroforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=70

頭像
David
中子星
聯繫:

文章 David » 週一 09 6月, 2008 01:31

'Serious' beginners learns the sky best by using the simplest instruments with the widest field. So a pair of binoculars is the best (Also, it is cheapest.). You will find that this is the recommendation from many different sources, not just here.

But it is true that many people could be first drawn into observational astronomy by looking at other people's big scopes, like me.

Also, I don't think it is fair to judge too much from the school website. My school website mentions nothing about astronomy as well.

頭像
David
中子星
聯繫:

文章 David » 週一 09 6月, 2008 11:46

Chanlunlun 寫:If the telescope was a C-11 NextStar ( or Meade LX90 12 inch ), instead of a long non-GOTO refractor, things might never be the same again.
My experience is that students like to see planets in my 5 inch refractor more than my C11. They also like M42 more in 5 inch refractor. These are probably because of the better contrast in refractor. C11 planets are just plain white except the two brown bands. Meade 14 Jupiter is just ugly. (Ignoring photography for the moment.)

Just to share an interesting story I had a few weeks ago. I set up C8 with equatorial mount and a small 60mm refractor with simple azimuthal mount, observing features on the moon (We really looked at very specific targets on the moon.). I initially thought that the small scope would attract very little attention. But surprisingly, they were having so much fun with it. Some students even said to me 'I can also see Messier and Messier A in the 60mm, not just in C8!'.

May be my students are weird. But I start to feel that small scopes +simple mount that students think they can handle easily without any electronics give them a feel that they are comfortable with the equipment that no big instruments can achieve. I don't mean something as small as a 60mm, but may be 4-6 inch reflectors are of the right size or 80mm refractor. Once the students are comfortable with the equipment, they feel connected to the sky, and does not need to think that they need me to connect them to the sky, or contantly worrying that they will break my equipments.

IMHO, big scopes are probably better under darker sky. I still very much looking forward to see the 30 inch reflector (I still haven't had the look at the wonderful 24 inch!) in water mouth. Under urban sky, I would rather love to have a 6 inch refractor (or bigger) to see planets in vibrant colours, if someone can give me the money :?

頭像
Tarepanda
夸克星
文章: 9321
註冊時間: 週一 08 11月, 2004 13:28
來自: 香港

文章 Tarepanda » 週一 09 6月, 2008 11:53

目視效果,折射鏡确實是首選
我的一支127普消折射,目視效果很棒
試過在 820mm+3x+Or4mm,的倍率下看土星,影像也沒散開
只是光度變暗了,當然若換成Or9mm,效果就很好

頭像
David
中子星
聯繫:

文章 David » 週一 09 6月, 2008 12:00

Tarepanda 寫:目視效果,折射鏡确實是首選
我的一支127普消折射,目視效果很棒
試過在 820mm+3x+Or4mm,的倍率下看土星,影像也沒散開
只是光度變暗了,當然若換成Or9mm,效果就很好
Yes, my 5 inch refractor shows Jupiter rather dim at 250x-320x, but turbulence does not usually allow such magnification anyway. At around 200x, it shows much more details than C11 that my students find easier to see.

My students also said that they quite like low magnification Jupiter and Saturn (around 50x-100x) on 5 inch refractor. (But I surely don't buy the scope for low magnification, otherwise I would have just bought a 4 inch.)

Makes me almost want to sell C11.....but I guess I want it for moon at very high magnification on those very steady nights.

sbod

文章 sbod » 週一 09 6月, 2008 12:28

David 寫: May be my students are weird. But I start to feel that small scopes +simple mount that students think they can handle easily without any electronics give them a feel that they are comfortable with the equipment that no big instruments can achieve. I don't mean something as small as a 60mm, but may be 4-6 inch reflectors are of the right size or 80mm refractor. Once the students are comfortable with the equipment, they feel connected to the sky, and does not need to think that they need me to connect them to the sky, or contantly worrying that they will break my equipments.
形象學同心理學.

站在其他人的立場, 大件的器材其實係好嚇人, 仲會俾人一種好古怪, 好專業的感覺, 好深奧同好難入手的感覺.

相反Small equipment會俾人親切感覺, 壓迫感低好多. 其他人操作起來都會安心得多.'

好多老外天文教育家都講過, 向大眾展示星空, 唔一定要用到大鏡.

不過...... 會有人信我講的話嗎?

頭像
Skyobs
白矮星

文章 Skyobs » 週一 09 6月, 2008 12:55

sbod 寫:相反Small equipment會俾人親切感覺, 壓迫感低好多. 其他人操作起來都會安心得多.'
對啊. 小小一枝折射鏡放在經緯儀上,對初學者自己操作是方便不過了. 對著目標一指,通常已經可在尋星鏡視場看到. 上下左右來得簡單. 當然,進階的還是要學習用赤道儀.

頭像
David
中子星
聯繫:

文章 David » 週一 09 6月, 2008 15:07

sbod 寫: 站在其他人的立場, 大件的器材其實係好嚇人, 仲會俾人一種好古怪, 好專業的感覺, 好深奧同好難入手的感覺.

相反Small equipment會俾人親切感覺, 壓迫感低好多. 其他人操作起來都會安心得多.'

好多老外天文教育家都講過, 向大眾展示星空, 唔一定要用到大鏡.

不過...... 會有人信我講的話嗎?
Very good summary! (唔好成日話自己中文中學英文唔得啦 :wink: )

我以前都唔信,就是這次學校活動才發現。

不過大鏡也有它的用處,某次sidewalk,個Meade 14好多人排,睇"雪白"的木星,但更靚的TOA130(不過係暗D細D)卻拍烏蠅..... (不過其實TOA130都唔係細鏡)

所以應該大細鏡在教育的層面是各有好處,大鏡吸引人,細鏡就可以自己自由explore.

我以前都以為學生會超喜歡天文攝影,影下行星月球,好hi-tech,原來佢地絕大部份是我提N次先process完佢條片,幾乎要罵.....

Correction: The small scope I used should be sky 90, not 60mm refractor.

回覆文章

回到「天文台 Observatory」

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 11 位訪客